Electric Concentrate Devices vs Traditional Pieces: The Ultimate Showdown
Consuming concentrates has become increasingly popular in recent years. Now more than ever, the need for various tools and equipment to enhance the experience is apparent.
Two main categories of concentrate devices dominate the market: traditional glass and electric concentrate devices. In this article, we'll discuss the pros, cons, similarities, and differences between the two types and help you decide which may be best for you.
Understanding the Basics of Electric Concentrate Devices and Traditional Pieces
Although it may seem like there aren’t many differences between electric concentrate devices and traditional glass pieces, the reality is that they utilize entirely different methods to vaporize concentrates.
From eye-balling the temperature with a hand-held torch to using a sleek interface for precise temperature control, there’s actually quite a large gulf between electric concentrate devices and traditional glass pieces. Take a look below for a brief overview of each type.
Traditional Glass Pieces
A traditional glass piece is a specialized type of water pipe used for consuming concentrates like batter, shatter, or crumble.
It generally consists of a glass, quartz, or metal nail heated using a torch and a dome or carb cap to trap the vapor. To use a traditional piece, you'll first heat the nail with a torch, then apply the concentrate to the hot nail, inhaling the vapor through the mouthpiece.
Electric Concentrate Devices
On the other hand, electric concentrate devices are a more modern and user-friendly alternative to traditional glass.
They feature a built-in heating element, eliminating the need for a torch and allowing for precise temperature control, and use portable E nails rather than the traditional “banger”. These functions provide a more consistent and enjoyable experience than torch-reliant pieces.
Some popular electric concentrate devices, like the Cenote, offer additional features such as app connectivity, disposable nails, and customizable session duration. Ultimately, these devices enable you to say sayonara to guesstimating the perfect temp for your hit — every time.
How to Use a Traditional Glass Piece vs. an Electric Concentrate Device
Let’s explore the steps involved in using both types, giving you a clearer insight into what may be better for you.
How to use a Traditional Glass Piece
- Assemble the piece: Attach the nail or banger to the glass joint and ensure a secure connection. You will have to make sure you buy a nail or banger with the right joint size, or it will not work.
- Heat the nail: Use a butane torch to heat the nail or banger until it reaches the desired temperature. This may take up to a minute. However, it’s essential to note that this task is challenging to replicate session after session without a timer or temp gauge.
- Let it cool: Allow the nail to cool down for at least 30+ seconds to achieve the optimal temperature for vaporization.
- Apply concentrate: With a concentrate tool, scoop a small amount of concentrate and gently apply it to the heated nail.
- Vaporize and inhale: As the concentrate vaporizes, inhale through the mouthpiece, drawing the vapor into your lungs.
How to use an Electric Concentrate Device
- Power up: Turn on your device by pressing the power button.
- Load the nail: Place a small amount of concentrate into the nail using the provided concentrate tool.
- Choose your temperature: Select your preferred temperature setting using intuitive controls or an app, and watch as it quickly heats up to your desired temperature.
- Inhale and enjoy: Once the electronic concentrate device reaches the chosen temperature, inhale through the mouthpiece, and experience smooth, flavorful vapor.
By comparing the two methods, it's clear that electric devices offer a more convenient, efficient, and customizable experience. With a hassle-free setup, precise temperature control, and sleek design, e-devices have a lot to offer over traditional setup options.
The Pros and Cons Between Traditional Pieces and Electric Devices
Now it’s time to dive into the advantages and disadvantages of traditional glass pieces and electric concentrate devices.
From customization to warranties and everything in between, you’ll soon discover which of the two types of pieces features optimal user-friendliness, versatility, and overall efficiency for beginners and concentrate enthusiasts alike.
Traditional Glass Pieces: Pros and Cons
- Cost: While traditional pieces can be less expensive than electric devices, they require additional expenses such as a torch, banger, mat, and other accessories, which can add up to more than an electric device over time.
- Powerful Hits: While traditional pieces can provide powerful hits, they can also be harsh and unpleasant, principally because you often have to guess the best temp for concentrates after heating your nail.
- Versatility: Traditional pieces can be used with various accessories that you must purchase separately, but this versatility can make them more complex and challenging for beginners.
- Customizable: While traditional pieces can be customized both in design (if you order a custom piece) and accessories, requiring additional investment and potentially leading to a cluttered and confusing setup.
- Safety: Using a torch in traditional setups can be dangerous and unpredictable, particularly for those not experienced in handling open flames. Your carpet, coffee table, and even your skin will never be the same after you drop a hot banger or a freshly-used torch on them.
- Learning Curve: Traditional pieces require a significant learning curve to use correctly, particularly in regard to achieving the right temperature and avoiding harsh hits.
- Portability: Traditional pieces are typically fully made of glass, making them less portable and less convenient than electric pieces for on-the-go use as they must be carried in a large protective case. Not to mention the massive torch needed as well!
- Inconsistent: Traditional pieces can be unreliable in terms of temperature and flavor, particularly if the user is not experienced in using them. This can lead to a frustrating and unpredictable concentrate consumption experience.
While traditional pieces have some advantages, such as the potential for powerful hits and versatility, they also have significant drawbacks, including safety concerns, a steep learning curve, lack of portability, and inconsistency.
Electric Concentrate Devices: Pros and Cons
- Precise Temperature Control: Electronic devices offer precise temperature control, allowing you to optimize the temperature for your specific concentrate or preferences. This results in a more flavorful, consistent, and efficient experience unmatched by traditional pieces.
- User-Friendly: Electric devices are designed to be user-friendly and straightforward, making them an excellent choice for beginners or connoisseurs who prefer a hassle-free experience. No more fussing with torches or complicated setups — just take a peek at the user manual included with the device or watch an instructional video, set the temperature, and inhale!
- Portable: Electric concentrate devices are compact and portable, making them perfect for those who enjoy use on the go. With an electric concentrate device, you can enjoy your favorite concentrate anywhere, anytime.
- Safer: Electric concentrate devices eliminate the need for a torch, making them safer than traditional pieces. No more risk of burns or accidents caused by open flames.
- Consistent: With an Electric device, you can always expect a consistent experience. Unlike traditional glass pieces, where the experience can vary based on factors such as torch technique, flame intensity, or natural conditions like wind, electric concentrate devices offer a reliable and consistent experience. Finding the best temp for your concentrates is made easy with electronic concentrate devices.
- Long Battery Life: Modern electric concentrate devices boast powerful lithium batteries, allowing users to smoke on-demand for multiple sessions before needing a charge.
- Extended Warranty Period: Electric concentrate devices often come with a warranty and AUXO products have an extended warranty period of ten years.
- Cleaning: While electric concentrate devices are generally easier to clean than traditional pieces, they still require regular maintenance to ensure they function correctly. However, this is a small price to pay for the superior experience an electric device provides.
- Must Be Charged For Use: Electric concentrate devices require battery power. Therefore, they must be adequately charged to ensure they are ready for use.
In conclusion, electric concentrate devices offer significant advantages for using concentrates that make them a superior choice over traditional glass pieces. With precise temperature control, user-friendliness, portability, safety, and consistency built into their design, electric concentrate devices offer an unparalleled experience for both beginners and enthusiasts.
The Hunt for the Best Electric Device
Now that you understand the differences between traditional pieces and electric devices, it’s clear that electric concentrate devices lead the pack.
If you’ve been searching for the best electric concentrate devices on the market — look no further.
Meet Cira and Cenote by AUXO — two revolutionary devices taking the community by storm thanks to their cutting-edge technology, ease of use, and efficiency. Below, we’ll briefly compare the Cenote and the Cira to help you find your new perfect product.
Cira: Precision Control, Nail Choices, and Ease of Use
Experience unparalleled precision with Cira’s simple three-button interface, enabling you to fine-tune your device's temperature in 10℉ increments, thanks to AUXO Heating Wire Technology.
This technology delivers consistent and uniform heating for a truly satisfying sesh on the go or at home. Choose between both types of portable E nails included (quartz and titanium) to suit your preferences, and enjoy the simplicity of Cira's design.
The quick 20-second pre-heating time, coupled with the Extended Heating Mode, allows unlimited 15-second session extensions, making Cira perfect for solo or group use. The OLED display informs you of your device’s temperature and battery life, ensuring you know how much juice you have left at all times.
- Heating range between 450-1000℉
- 10℉ control precision powered by AUXO Heating Wire Technology
- Quick 20-second pre-heating preparation
- Unlimited 15-second session extensions with the Extended Heating Mode
- Unique handblown borosilicate glass mouthpiece
- Powerful dual 2000mAh batteries
- Anti-scalding wave design, heat-resistant materials, and user-friendly temperature control buttons
- OLED display with accurate temperature and battery life readings
- Included accessories such as a concentrate tool, charger, base, two nail types, and more!
Take advantage of the ultimate control Cira offers. Shop Cira Now!
Cenote: Fresh Flavor, App Connectivity, and Full Customization
Cenote's easy-swap disposable ceramic nail design guarantees fresh flavor every time, eliminating the need for tedious cleaning after every use. The 0.02mm super thin metallic heating film ensures even and thorough heat distribution, preserving the true taste and potency of your concentrates.
Connect to the AUXO App for precise temperature adjustability, session duration control, and a customizable Pro Mode. Enhance your experience with eight different lighting effects, periodically updated with new exclusive options via the app. Cenote's immersive 360° lighting display and streamlined design make it a seriously unique addition to your collection.
- Easy-swap disposable ceramic nail design
- Three preset temp settings + customizable Pro Mode
- Type-C and wireless charging enabled
- Streamlined cylindrical body for easy grip and portability
- Eight different customizable, 360° lighting effects (with more available via periodic updates on the AUXO App)
- Unique handblown borosilicate glass mouthpiece
- Compatible with any Qi-certified wireless charging pad
- Customizable Pro Mode for temperature, duration, light settings, and more through the AUXO App
- Included accessories such as a concentrate tool, charger, 5 disposable ceramic nails, tweezers, and more!
Upgrade your vaping experience with Cenote's effortless customization and portability. Get Your Cenote Today!
With Cira and Cenote, AUXO offers two exceptional products tailored to your unique concentrate consumption preferences. Whether you value precision control and ease of use with Cira, or Cenote's fresh flavor and in-app customization options, AUXO ensures a premium experience. Discover the perfect match for your needs and elevate your sesh with an electric concentrate device from AUXO!